BI Data Warehouse Data Modeler, 15034, 1 year Contract
- Model, design and implement advanced Data Warehouse database schema designs, such as star and snowflake schemas, and constellations to support project requirements.
- Review data architectures and designs of source application systems and the target Data Warehouse /Marts
- Manage and maintain a data warehouse environment, including delta load processing and designing Metadata constructs.
- Advocate data quality and the necessity of clean and accurate data to ensure Business Metric integrity.
- Participate in the development and documentation of standards within the department, especially technical standards, and be able to clearly communicate those standards.
- Assist in determining and identifying risks in existing and/or proposed reporting database and data warehouse/mart designs.
- Actively work with customer representatives to determine analytical reporting needs, perform data analysis tasks and troubleshoot complex problems and propose optimal resolutions.
- Responsible for recommending optimal data warehouse / mart schema designs
- Experience with dimensional data modeling at an enterprise level required
- Expert level experience in ERWin 4.x data modeling required
- Expert knowledge of Kimball and Inmon methodologies required
- Experience and/or working knowledge of SAP, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and UDB 9.x. required
- Familiarity with, DB2 Connect and UNIX AIX Scripting preferred
- Familiarity with Informatica and Cognos preferred
At VanderHouwen & Associates, Inc. (VHA), our mission is to provide outstanding customer service in a straightforward, ethical, personal, and responsive manner. Our unique family-owned company offers individualized staffing services and solutions to our clients and candidates, creating value for everyone.